Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Food review; Tim Ho Wan Singapore

Ever since it's official launch, almost everyone in my fb, instagram has already visited this restaurant. Before i could even make my way down to try it for myself, the infamous long queue has actually pulled me back somehow. However as a hard core dim sum fan, i still brave up the courage & went ahead to queue for it!

When i reached, it was like almost 7pm. The queue was horribly long!

I was taken aback by this scene, i can't recall when was the last time i actually queued up for something. :\ I must say initially the queue doesn't seem to move at all. Barely any ventilation around the queue area except for a fan which is not strong enough. 

I got pretty bored & ended up i started playing with my new camera. :D



While i was busy cam-horing, S was busy complaining about the humidity of this whole place. Lol. Then not long later, she left the queue & came back with this.

Seriously??? She said, "i need a can of beer to chill myself down." =_= Lol! She's just know how to crack me up. And so, we (no i mean me only) continued to cam-ho.........


Just kept cam-horing until it was finally our turn! Goodness gracious! 1 full hour of queuing!! I can't wait to eat!!! S said, "you better order everything & finish it up! Because we queued for 1 hour & so you have no excuses but to order & finish everything!" Wah.... stress! -_- Women these days are becoming more demanding & fierce. :| Hahahaha! 

She was very serious about deciding what to order. 

But ended up we still ordered like 1 item each. There were quite a few items which were sold out, like the porridge. We were also told that each customer is only entitled to order 1 plate of their famous char siew pau. Upon hearing this, the more i can't wait to try those buns!!

Look at the pau! O-M-G! The outer layer was crispy & sweet. Instantly fell in love with it after the first bite. No joke!! I actually wanted to order more of it but we reckon that we still have alot of food coming up, so we didn't order another plate. If you're intending to visit Tim Ho Wan, please do not miss out this yummilicious pau. I bet you'll not regret. :)


Out of the 11 items i ordered, my favourite was the Malay sponge cake, osmanthus jelly & the oh-so-yummy char siew pau! The spareribs was a lil' too oily for my liking & spring roll was kinda tough as well. But nonetheless, i thought the pricing there was reasonable taking into consideration that the food was considered better than average. Each item is price at the range from $3.80 - $6.00, very affordable. You could get a satisfying meal with just $10. Whereas for me, the whole bill came up to $62.26, considering that we ordered 11 different items.


Frankly their menu looks kinda limited to me. You only have page 1 & 2 to choose from. However i'd go back to Tim Ho Wan for another round of char siew pau & also to try their porridge as well. So if you're searching for some good food around town area or if you're hosting oversea friends, you may wanna put this into your list of restaurants.


Tim Ho Wan
#01-29 Plaza Singapura
The Atrium @ Orchard
68 Orchard Road
Tel: +65 6251 2000

xoxo,
Queen

No comments :

Post a Comment